Nursing and Medical Services
We are proud to have a group of dedicated, hardworking, and caring nurses that provides a wide range of medical care for our residents. Nurses are vital members of our interdisciplinary teams who address the medical concerns of residents in a loving and nurturing manner.
In addition to providing 24-hour a day routine and emergency medical services for residents, our staff of RN’s and LPN’s provide many other services including:
- Caring for residents with conditions including tracheotomies, ventilators, feeding tubes, seizures, respiratory illnesses, and shunts.
- Providing staff with educational in-services
- Administering all resident and staff immunizations for TB, Hepatitis B and influenza.
We have a strong working relationship with Nationwide Children’s Hospital in addition to a number of adult hospitals in the Columbus area. Physicians well-versed in the complex care needs of individuals with disabilities provide outstanding medical care to our residents. Our physicians visit weekly or as needed and are always available by phone to address medical concerns. Other physicians regularly see individuals at Heinzerling during on-site clinics for dentistry, optometry, podiatry and neurology testing.
We also provide:
- Dental services via our on-site dental clinics
- Certified Dental Assistant on staff fulltime
- Respiratory Therapy Services
- Speech pathology for evaluations
- Psychology for evaluations and behavioral consults
For more information about our nursing department contact:
Victoria McMillen, BSN, RN
Director of Nursing
Heinzerling Memorial Foundation
Charmaine Milburn, LPN
Assistant Director of Nursing
Heinzerling Developmental Center
© Copyright Heinzerling Community 2017. All Rights Reserved