There are many ways you can volunteer with the Heinzerling Community. Whether you can offer manpower, expertise, or simple friendship, you can become an integral part of the Heinzerling Community’s tradition of providing love and support to the individuals who live here. We offer several volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteer Friend (14 years & older): Provide companionship; may assist individuals with specific communication, social, motor, and or self-help skills.
- Volunteer Buddy (11, 12, & 13 year olds): Under parent/guardian supervision provide friendship, take residents for walks, read, and play simple games.
- Music Therapy: Community member to lead residents in a variety of auditory experiences.
- Seamstress: Sewing name tags in clothing; adding/removing clothing to/from residents’ inventory, altercations; make clothing protectors; lap quilts, binders, and other special needs projects.
- Entertainment: Recital Practice; concerts; plays magic shows, etc.
- Group Volunteers: Open to corporate, social, and religious groups. Groups can engage in resident program activities; assist with holiday parties; landscape projects; assist with fundraising events.
- Therapy Volunteers: Limited to college students who are enrolled in occupational or physical therapy programs.
Volunteers dedicate their time, talent, and resources to provide a variety of services that enhance the quality of life for each resident. All Heinzerling Volunteers are required to have a Covid-19 vaccination and a copy of the vaccine card will be kept on file. Some may require a background check. Training provided for all volunteers. To sign up as a volunteer/volunteer group please view our Volunteer Coordinators contact information near the bottom of the page.
For more information or to volunteer, contact:
614-272-8888 ext. 649
© Copyright Heinzerling Community 2017. All Rights Reserved