A key part of our multidisciplinary team, our therapy department is dedicated to providing the best practices of occupational therapy and physical therapy to enhance the quality of life of the residents we serve.
Our licensed occupational and physical therapists, licensed physical therapy assistants, therapy aides, and wheelchair technician provide services to ensure that our residents are able to participate in their activities of daily living with comfort, utilizing their best functional skills.
Therapy services include:
- Therapy assessments and interventions in both physical therapy and occupational therapy that concentrate on musculoskeletal and sensorimotor status as well as developmental skills for daily activities.
- To enhance participation in activities of daily living, the therapy staff consults regularly with a licensed orthotist, physiatrist and wheelchair vendor to design, fabricate and monitor state-of-the-art seating systems for wheelchairs and other orthotic equipment for our residents.
- On-site orthopedic clinic in conjunction with Nationwide Children’s Hospital (NCH) to evaluate and monitor the growth and orthopedic status of our residents along with conditions such as scoliosis and hip joint disorders.
- Consultations with a physiatrist at the Physical Medicine Clinic at NCH to evaluate and monitor neuromuscular conditions, mobility skills, and seating systems for wheelchairs..
- Expertise in spasticity management and management of swallowing disorders.
For more information about therapy services at Heinzerling, Contact:
Rachel Mallory, OTR/L
Heinzerling Memorial Foundation
Rachel Mallory OTR/L
Heinzerling Developmental Center
© Copyright Heinzerling Community 2017. All Rights Reserved