We welcome referrals of individuals who could benefit from the services offered by the Heinzerling Community and meet the following criteria:
- Functions in the severe/profound range of developmental disabilities
- Is non-ambulatory
- Is represented by a parent (if under 18) or legal guardian-of-the-person only
To consider an individual for admission, we require updated information regarding the individual that would include:
- History and physical examination
- Psychological evaluation current within 1 year of admission
- Vaccination record
- Current medications
- Any individualized plans and/or IEP (if school age)
After the admission team reviews this information, the director of social services will schedule a home visit or tour to meet the individual and his/her caretakers. During this visit, a pre-admission counseling options document is completed with the parent or guardian. This document is required by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities to ensure that family members are aware of housing and care options available in the larger community.
If the team agrees that Heinzerling could meet the needs of the individual, and the parent or guardian agrees that Heinzerling is the choice of living environment for the individual, an admission meeting and admission date are scheduled.
© Copyright Heinzerling Community 2017. All Rights Reserved